Born Learning Trails
The Born Learning Trail is a series of 10 interactive signs that offer fun, active learning activities for young children and their families. It helps parents, caregivers and communities create quality engagement opportunities when out on a stroll or visiting a local playground.
Download our flyers! (Flyer 1) (Flyer 2)
Born Learning Trail locations in Anderson County
- Watson Park; 2005 Brookview Dr, Anderson
- Westside Community Center; 1100 W Franklin St, Anderson
- Bea Thompson Park; 525 W Market St, Anderson
- South Main Chapel and Mercy Center; 2408 South Main St, Anderson
- Anderson Civic Center Kid Venture; 3027 MLK Dr, Anderson
- Equinox Park; 2400 Standridge Rd, Anderson
- Flat Rock Elementary; 115 Thompson Rd, Anderson
- Dogwood Park; 204 S Main St, Honea Path
- Dolly Cooper Sports Complex;170 Spearman Cir, Powdersville
- Elsie Evans Memorial Park; 204 W Jackson St, Iva
- Starr Walking Trail Park; 1019 Bowie St, Starr
- Mineral Springs Park; 121 West Main St, Williamston
Interested in having a Born Learning Trail in your community?
Signs are available in English and Spanish and translations can also be made to most other languages. The trail can be ordered as a kit and includes instructions, hardware, and reinforced full-color metal signs. Building materials and muscle can be locally sourced – installation days make for great volunteer events. Signs include the option to have special messaging, including sponsor names, company logos, or other investor recognition.
Ideas for leading a Trail effort in your community:
- Contact the United Way to express an interest.
- Volunteer to fundraise, organize volunteers, or otherwise assist the effort.
- Promote the idea to other community groups – churches, early childhood education agencies, PTA groups.
- Seek sponsors or investors to underwrite the project.
- Use neighborhood events to generate enthusiasm for a trail.
- Inquire with employers or local municipalities for community improvement grants.
Contact Michelle@uwandsc.org or call 864-226-3438 for more information.