Get help with 2-1-1
Every hour of every day, hundreds of people need essential human services, but most do not know where to turn for assistance. 2-1-1 allows people to begin to get connected and get answers to their problems.
2-1-1 is an easy to remember telephone number that connects people with important community services and volunteer opportunities.
2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling, and more.
2-1-1 provides callers with information about and referrals to human services for every day needs, and in times of crisis.
For example, 2-1-1 can offer access to the following types of services:
- Basic Human Needs Resources: food banks, clothing, shelters, rent assistance, and utility assistance.
- Physical and Mental Health Resources: medical information lines, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention, rehabilitation, health insurance programs, Medicaid and Medicare, maternal health, and children's health insurance programs.
- Employment Support: unemployment benefits, financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance, and education programs.
- Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities: home health care, adult day care, congregate meals, respite care, transportation, and homemaker services.
- Support for Children, Youth, and Families: quality childcare, after school programs, Head Start, family resource centers, summer camps and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, and protective services.
Why use 2-1-1
- One number to call to get information about community services; no more guessing or unnecessary calls.
- Reduces inappropriate 9-1-1 calls.
- Ensures that callers are directed to the appropriate agency.
- Reduces the frustration of making multiple calls.
- 24-hour service gets you the help you need when you need it.
For more information on 2-1-1 or to register your organization on the 2-1-1 database, click here to visit www.sc211.org.